References in this Policy shall be deemed for all purposes to include reference to School Wise Press and any subsidiary or holding company of School Wise Press that from time to time is involved in the ownership and/or administration of this Web site, functions and events, or any other activities or concerns that have School Wise Press participation.
School Wise Press is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we should ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Web site, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
School Wise Press may change this Policy periodically by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Any changes that are made take effect immediately when they are published on the site. This Policy is effective from 15 October 2009.
This Policy (together with our Terms and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using this Web site you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set out in the Terms and this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 [(the “Act”)], the data controller is the School Wise Press, 466 Green Street, Suite 303, San Francisco, CA 94133.
What we collect
We may collect the following contact information:
- Your name
- Job title or position
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Information relevant to surveys, forms, and/or event registrations
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information in order to understand your needs, respond to your requests, and provide you with better service.
We may use the email address that you have provided to periodically send promotional email about special events or offers or other information about School Wise Press that we think you may find interesting.
We may also use your information from time to time to contact you with a request to participate in a survey or other feedback mechanisms so that we can offer you better service and create a better Web site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze Web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow Web applications to respond to you as an individual. The Web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about Web-page traffic and improve our Web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Web site by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Web site.
Links to other Web sites
Our Web site may contain links to enable you to visit other Web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other Web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the Web site in question.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any subsidiary or holding company of the School Wise Press.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If School Wise Press or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by School Wise Press will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of School Wise Press, our members, or others.
- Where we receive a complaint from a third party that any contribution made by you is defamatory, or infringes their copyright or other intellectual property rights and we are requested to disclose your personal data (address, proper name, and telephone number) to them to enable them to make contact with you direct in order to pursue their complaint. It shall not be necessary for us to verify truthfulness of the complaint before we disclose this information, but we will endeavor to notify you of the complaint as soon as reasonably practical.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Web site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
Except as otherwise stated in this Policy, we will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of your information that we have on file, please contact School Wise Press to find out how to receive this data.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.